Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bad Me! and Things to Share

I've been really bad about posting this last week or two. It isn't that I haven't been creating anything, it's just finding the time to post after I create. Okay enough excuses! Here's what I've been up to.

I didn't get much accomplished last weekend because I went to visit my "baby" at college. My baby is bigger than I am. Here he is studying differential equations with his Dad (not in picture). It was nice to see him since we hadn't gotten together since he returned to school after Christmas. But before I left for the visit I worked on some Valentine gifties for my office mates.

I made the boxes with the heart-shaped acetate windows and filled them with candy. So tomorrow they'll all have a surprise on their desk when they arrive. I'm usually the first one at work. Everyone loves chocolate and it makes Fridays much easier to get through. LOL! I need to make more of these boxes so I'm going to make a tutorial when I do. It will be my first tutorial!


Of course there have been some Valentines along the way. I'll share a couple with you now.This Valentine was made with the stamp set Dino-Mite that I won as blog candy at the beginning of January. That dinosaur is so cute! I think I need to practice my faux stitching a little more.

This Valentine I sent to my husband's parents in Florida. They stay for the winter in Big Pine Key. I embossed the hearts and used purple ink but the clear embossing powder must not have been clear because the purple color didn't show through. I really liked the effect though anyway. I made it from a sketch challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket.
Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to be better about posting more often (one of my new year's resolution!). But I've already posted more this year than all of last year. More excuses? Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Until next time...

Happy inking,

Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...