Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Graduation Invitation Opinions Please

My oldest son will be graduating from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology on May 30th. I am attempting to design his graduation announcements. I made a possible invitation with vellum. I cased it from Meda's blog. This is the very first time I've used vellum so any tips or tricks with vellum would be greatly appreciated. What other brads could I use besides the stars. Any suggestions? I know it's difficult to not see the glue through vellum.



Do you have any other ideas for inviation to share. I would be very appreciative. I need to get these done soon. Please leave comments for any improvements and suggestions.
Thanks for stopping by. I have a job interview on Wednesday so I'll have my mind on that until it's over. Take care.

Happy inking,

Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I like the simplicity of your card...great job! Maybe you could find some graduation hat brads to use instead of the stars? Just an idea. :o)

Stef H said...

I think it's beautiful as is. It's simple and elegant. I wouldn't change a thing.

hugs,

Dani said...

I think it's great the way it is! If you don't like the stars, maybe just use round brads in black or silver. Or like Lorie said, some grad hats would be super cute too. Great job!

Lora said...

Hi hun, how are you getting on with these? The vellum looks great. It is a pain to work with though! I have some vellum dots that a friend sent me and they don't show through the vellum at all but sometimes they don't stick too well. I just put my tape where I am going to put embelishments so you don't have to worry about it showing through, or attatch it with brads or eylets like you have done :) I always take the easy way out lol.
I never use glue on it because it curls the vellum, but I use glitter glue if I'm making flowers with it because it curls the petals nicely. Ok I'm gonna stop there or I might put you to sleep!!
Huggies Lora x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...