Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Congratualtions and The Graduate

I am hurrying to make cards this week. Way too much going on here and unfortunately it all came down on the same week. Yesterday in the mail we received an invitation for an Eagle Ceremony for this Sunday. With a graduation and wedding on Saturday I don't think we're going to make the ceremony so I have to send a card.


Nothing really difficult. The Eagle is from a Stampin' Up! set and the background paper is from Hobby Lobby. It is a tri-shutter card so here's what the inside looks like.

It's not the best picture but it will have to do for tonight. It's getting past my bedtime.

The other card that I made tonight was a graduation card. Of course Dan's graduation from college is this Saturday and both high schools in town are also graduating on Saturday. So we've been invited to several graduation parties. Most of them we are unable to attend. But I'm sending cards. I made one card last night and forgot to photograph it. Bad me! It was sealed int he envelope before I knew it. But I did make another card this evening. The image is a free digital stamp from Dustin Pike's blog. Dustin gives away a free digital stamp every Wednesday and sometimes at other times of the week too. I love his images. Isn't this a fun card?



Dustin also has a girl graduate in the download. I have a graduation party next week for my best friend's daughter. I will be using the girl graduate image for her card. But fortunately I can leave that one for next week. I colored the grad with Kooh-hi-Nor Woodless Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. Thanks to Val in British Columbia who taught me how to do that correctly while I was visiting her a few weeks ago. You're the best, Val!

This may be my last post for this week. The graduation is coming up quick. We have to drive to Terre Haute on Friday for a reception and then back again early Saturday morning for the graduation. So I'll be busy the rest of this week. Thanks for stopping by and come back next week. I hope to have some new projects. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Happy inking,

Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! That Eagle Scout card is really neat...great job!

Lilacanglia said...

Stunning Card Donna,
Love them, especially that eagle one,
Hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

At least you leave us smiling! Congrats to the grads and have a super time!

Hugs,

Lora said...

Sounds like you will be very busy!
Love both the cards. I love Dustin's images too, they are so easy to work with. You have done a fab job with the colouring!
Hugs Lora x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...