Monday, July 20, 2009

Sweetest Day


Yeah, I know it's not October (although around here it's been feeling more like October than July)! And this card didn't start out being a Sweetest Day card. I wanted to use my new Nestabilities dies and tonight I finally got the mat so I could emboss. I tried lots of things instead of buying the mat (foam, mouse pad, etc.) but nothing worked. So I cut my 40% off coupon out of the Hobby Lobby ad and bought myself the pads tonight. And then of course i had to try it out. Right? So here's the result of experiment #1. Since the background was hearts I went looking for a stamp to match and BINGO, there it was! This stamp is from the Eclectic Summer stamp set by Gina K. And the sentiment is Notes to Mom also by Gina K. The background paper I used is from two different sources: one is from Gina K summer stamp kit and the other is from Paper Studio. The card stock I used in the nesties is from Targets dollar spot. So I guess I can cross my DH's Sweetest Day card off my list of things to do. LOL!
Hope you had a wonderful start to your week. Thanks for stopping by today and hope you'll stop by again soon.

Happy inking,

2 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Donna please be sure to hop on over to Inspirational Card Sketches. There's something there for you. LOL!
Have a lovely day dear!
Enjoy!
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Stef H said...

oh this is fabulous! that image is awesome and the card is gorgeous!

it's not very hot here either (across the river) but i'll take it over hot & humid any day!

hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...