Sunday, August 2, 2009

Midnight Madness Tag Sketch

I ran into a new-to-me challenge blog the other day and decided to try their current challenge. The sketch had a tag as the focal point of the card front. You can see the Midnight Madness sketch at priscillastyles. The design team did an awesome job with the sketch. And here's my take on it:

I didn't think I'd like this color combination but I liked the end result. The image and sentiment are both from the Elegant Flowers stamp set by Gina K. The ribbon is from Sugar and Spice and the flower is recycled from a lei that my daughter was throwing away. I added the green button. The green background was embossed with the Leafy Branch embossing folder in my Cuttlebug. Thanks Midnight Madness for the challenge. It was great fun!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Take care!

Happy inking,

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

Welcome, welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. You have made a really lovely card with very pretty colors. We the MMDesign Team want to thank you for playing with us. We are hoping that you will be back again and again and again.

Phyllis - Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Priscilla said...

Oh Donna...I am so glad you entered out sketch challenge, your card card is just the cutest thing ever..very clever pocket, great embossing and that flower is so pretty. A BIG WELCOME and Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and don’t forget that August is “Refer your Friends for Freebies” Month.
Priscilla

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is so beautiful!! I love the pocket your created and the colors! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

Stef H said...

wow donna! you did a fabulous card! you are soooo gonna love midnight madness. they really make you think!

super lovely card!

hugs,

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Donna, We're so glad you joined us this week! You made such a lovely card with the pockets and flowers are so pretty :) Thanks for playing with us this week, can't wait to see your next one xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Carolyn said...

What a very pretty, feminine and delicate card. I love the sheer flower and the dry embossing. The colors are great too. Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC. Hope to see you again next week!!

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Stef H said...

just want to say thank you soooo much for that wonderful, kind and so sweet comment on my position to squigglefly SNR. you made my heart smile.

a big, big hug to you, my sweet friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...