Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I think I have enough Halloween cards now so I've made the switch to Thanksgiving tonight. The card I made tonight used the sketch from the challenge on the Character Cafe blog. The image I used was also from the Character Cafe.


This beautiful pumpkin image was colored with water color pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I sponged the oval with pumpkin spice ink. I embossed some branches and leaves with my Cuttlebug. The beautiful patterned paper is from Basic Grey. I made a triple loop bow with my Bow Easy and added three brown rhinestones to complete the card. The sketch was lots of fun! Check out all the gorgeous images that Character Cafe has to offer.

I have a busy weekend. I'm taking 100+ girls on our last camping trip to our Girl Scout camp before it's sold. It's so sad! But there are better things ahead for us. We now have 10 camps to chose from so things will be fine. We'll enjoy our "last blast" at Camp Belmont and then look to a new future. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next week with more eye candy for you! Thanks for stopping by.

Happy inking,

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Wonderful card Donna! I think I've got to take a peek at that Bow Easy you mentioned ;) Have a great camping weekend too (sounds crazy fun!) Thanks for playing along with us this week at TCC.

Stef H said...

it most definitely IS a beauty! have a super weekend.

hugs,

Lorie said...

That is LOVELY!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Very pretty job coloring Donna! And I think I spy some Indian Summer paper from BasicGrey! Beautiful paper too. Thanks for stopping by my page on the bloghop, there will be another one coming up, xox ~Jeni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...