Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cuttlebug White

I can't believe it's been an entire week since I posted. Time flies. This week has been cold, cold, cold and snow, snow, snow! It was our first significant snowfall of the season and it came down for two straight days. Our schools were out for two days too. And of course work is busy right now and probably will remain that way until mid-February. I have been working on something this week that I will show you a little later. But first, this card I did last night for the Cuttlebug Challenge #65. The challenge is to make a basic white theme with an Asian twist if possible.

My card uses Stampin' Up! Embrace Life stamp set with just a touch of color. I used colored pencils to color them in and a Bow Easy to create the double-looped bow. The background is embossed with the Moroccan Cuttlebug folder (not really Asian but I thought it looked good). I did stamp and color first and then put it through the Cuttlebug. Pretty simple. Head on over the the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and give this one a whirl. Lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully this week will bring more time to create. I feel lost without that. Stay warm and safe out there!

Warm winter hugs,

7 comments:

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! it's so subtle and absolutely gorgeous.

it's cold all over the world! hope you're staying warm.

hugs :)

Lorie said...

So pretty!

Amy C said...

Beautiful!! I love the stamped and colored image on the embossed background.

scrapperjulia said...

Hello, fellow Hoosier! This is just lovely! I like the folder that you used and the beautiful simplicity of this card!

Anonymous said...

such beautiful card Donna!!!!..
Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Shantaie said...

I think your choice of folder for this card is a good one!
I like that you staped first and then embossed, that is always such an interesting look!

Thanks for joining us at cuttlebug challenge blog! Shantaie

Carolyn King said...

very pretty!!!! love the flowers with the white embossing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...