Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back with more Flourishes

Well, how was your Thursday? I'm not sure I want to leave Thursday and head into Friday this week. Never thought I'd hear myself say that! I live for the weekends. But we are under a winter storm warning. Ice and snow headed our way; up to 8 inches of snow. Those of you on the east coast would probably be happy with the 8 inches since you are expecting 20+ inches. I honestly don't mind the snow, it's the ice underneath that I hate. I did bring my work computer home with me today so if it's really nasty in the morning I could opt to work from home tomorrow. Since I answer phones that's not always the best thing to do. It's hard to answer the phone if you aren't there (grin). But I'll think of something.

Well, onto prettier things. My card tonight is once again for a Flourishes challenge. The challenge was to make "cut it out and pop it up" card. The image on my card is from Flourishes Calendar Set #3. I stamped and colored two images and then cut some out and popped them up.

I cut the image with a rectangle Nestie and then rounded the corners. Cut another Nestie of Purple cardstock with a scalloped rectangle. Added that gorgeous ribbon. I was amazed at how well the ribbon coordinated with the image. And I finished it off with adding the sentiment.


Here's a view of the popped up image. I used watercolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color the image. You have until Monday to check the challenges at Flourishes and participate. I'm having a ball.

Stay safe, warm and dry this weekend. If I can hole up here at home you can bet I'll be crafting away. Thanks for stopping by and see ya'll soon!

Warm winter hugs,

3 comments:

sassyb07 said...

Donna, I love this card! The colors are pretty and I adore the matching ribbon, wow
....hugs, Valere

Betty Wright said...

Donna, this is beautiful! Wonderful design and coloring! I love how you cut out these flowers and popped them up! Great look and fabulous Birthday card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

stampqueen said...

Love your flowers - love the purple!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...