Sunday, February 7, 2010

Finish with a Flourish

Hello again on this sunny Sunday! I have two posts today so you can scroll down to see my other post. I am posting my last two challenge cards for Flourishes in this post. My first card is for the pink challenge. The main color was required to be pink.

My card uses the Calendar Set #3 for the image, cut out with a circle Nestability and backed with a scalloped circle Nestability. And I edged the bottom with the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch. I love that punch and I bet that takes over as a favorite as spring gets closer. The sentiment is from Arranged with Love from Gina K Designs. I fairly simple card!

My second card today is for the challenge to use your favorite Flourishes stamp set. Since I only have a few Flourishes sets I don't have lots of choices. This is another flower from the Calendar set #3. I love flowers and use them a lot!

On this card I used the spotlight technique. I stamped the flower twice, colored it once and then punched a section of the colored flower and popped it up against the uncolored flower. These look much better in person I think then on a picture. This is a little 4.25x4.25 inch note card. I use the Fluer de lis Shapability to back the image and since the card is small I let the background hang off the side of the card.

So there you have it for today! I'm off to get ready for Super Bowl company. Good luck to both teams and I hope it's a good game. Of course I have to say, "GO COLTS!"

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

so pretty. loving all the purple and how you framed the second card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Two beautiful card Donna!!! Of course I favor the first one *wink*!!! Wonderful design and use of the color pink!!!

Thank you so much for celebrating our Anniversary with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...