Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cooler Weather...Wishful Thinking

I started this post last night but didn't get to finish it. It's blazing hot here. Yesterday the heat index was 105 and today it was 115. So when I sat down to make a card last night, I was thinking about cooler weather. And Joan's Garden Challenge was all about fall. Do a fall theme card using pumpkins or fall leaves with either embossing or glitter. So here's my card:

 I really love the way it turned out. Here's a close-up of the pumpkin with the Stickles glitter:


All the goodies I used:
Stamps: pumpkin image: Whimsical Autumn (Gina K); background: Ribbon Stripes (Gina K); sentiment: Strawberries (Flourishes)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie; So Saffron; Chocolate Chip; Tuxedo Black
Embellishements: 3mm pearls, 5 mm pearls, ribbon 

Check out Joan's Garden for some fun challenges and great supplies. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll have another post later tonight for another challenge.


Inky hugs,
Donna

3 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

This is absolutely beautiful,
love the detail,
Hugs
Angie

sassyb07 said...

wow Donna,

great card, very nice!
Our temps have been in the 80's, a bit too hot for me, I don't know what I'd do in 115, LOL! I'd melt away! Have a great day

hugs, Valerie

Joan Fricker said...

Great job Donna! I love your sparkly pumpkins!!!!

Thanks so very much for playing Joan's Gardens #8 Challenge. This is so much fun!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...