Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Ornamental Christmas

Hello again! I'm on a roll this week. I guess I have to be. A Bunch of birthdays and anniversaries coming up. But I took  a little break to participate in the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge #6. The challenge was to make a keepsake box and matching cards. They give you a wonderful tutorial for the keepskae box so go over and check it out.

Here is my  matchingbox and card together. I kept it pretty simple but I love the ornaments that I made. I stamped the checked background and then used the ornamnet punch to cut them out. Then sponged around each one to give it soem depth. I added a gold sticker to help make the three dimensional aspect.

Here's the front of the box lid.

Here's the card.

Stamps: Ribbon Stripes (Gina K); Holiday Hospitality (Gina K)
Background: white card stock using the Victoria Cuttlebug folder
Ribbon: Candy Cane from Michael's
Base: Red card stock
Embellishments: gold stickers

Thanks for popping in today. I really enjoyed this project. I loved the way the ornaments turned out and they were super easy. Now it's back to birthday cards.

Donna

3 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Great job on both the box and the card -- love those checked ornaments!!

Lorie said...

That is GREAT!

sassyb07 said...

wow....you did a fantastic job! I love the card and box. I think I'll nick the card idea if you don't mind, LOL
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...