Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Birthday Card of the Year

Now that Christmas is behind us I need to make birthday cards. I am pretty depleted in that category right now. So my first card for 2011 is a birthday card!


I used Digital Delights Teapot Pippin. I believe this image is retired. I colored Pippin with Bic Mark It Markers. On the left is one of my first tries at cutting with my new Cricut that my DH gave me for Christmas. So far I'm really liking it but it's going to take me some time to get used to it. I used a ribbon to back the edging. I backed the Pippin image, cut with a circle Nestability, with a scalloped circle Nestability. The sentiment is from Gina K's Inside and Out stamp set.
This card is for several challenges:
Yesterday we visited my husband's parents and took them out to dinner for the New Year. They normally go to Florida for the winter but decided not to this year. So I did get a little crafting time after we got home this afternoon. Tomorrow I have to go back to work : (  Last week the tech people took my computer so I'm not sure that I'll have much to do tomorrow without a computer. One of my sons leaves for Boston tomorrow so we're going to have lunch together before he heads for the airport. I'm said to see him go but he'll be moving to Utah in January so we'll get a chance to go see him in Utah in a month or two.  Here's hoping you have a wonderful week. I'll be busy getting my act together for our new design team challenges this week. Stop back later to check out the new challenges going on.

Donna

5 comments:

Lorie said...

That mouse is so cute and sure to bring a smile!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Cute image! Cute card as well, thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspiration Paints!!

Kendra

Linda Beeson said...

This is sweet! I just love that border design you created.

flowerdisco said...

this is too cute and what a coincidence of me making a mouse for the cbs challenge, lol.

BarbaraW said...

What a sweet card. I love how you used circles. Thanks for joining the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...