Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simply Framed

If you are looking for my Cuttlebug Spot challenge card go here.

Greetings on this very cold and nasty Tuesday. If you are in the path of the storm I hope you are safe and warm. I just arrived home from work slightly early. They sent us home to avoid the weather. We are supposed to get over an inch of ice tonight and snow tomorrow. If you are getting snow I'll trade you if you'd like. I'd much rather have snow than ice. Anyway, just be safe and warm.

My card today is for Joan's Garden challenge. Joan always has several requirements for her challenge and I think it takes more thought to make the project. But what I like is that I always love the outcome. And that's what I think about today's card: I love it!
 The requirements this week are:
  • use yellow and green for your colors
  • use a piece of trim
  • use a frame to call attention to your focal point and
  • use embossing.
So here's what I came up with:
I used the trim to create the frame for my sentiment. I am always reluctant to make sympathy cards and when I need one I usually don't have one made. So I thought I might make one ahead of time. I added three more pieces of trim at the bottom of the frame and embellished them with small pearls. The sentiment is stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.
The background paper is Basic Grey Origins and embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. I used Certainly Celery ink to sponge around the edges of the sentiment. Hope you like my creation.

That's it for today. If the weather continues and the electricity stays on I hope to get some crafting done tonight and tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. Be safe and warm!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the trim you used. It is the perfect accent.

Lorie said...

Goodness this is lovely! I love the lace!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh...look at that beautifully framed sentiment. so pretty!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wowzers!
Such a beautiful card!
Amazing work with the lace!
hugs
Claudia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...