Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Handmade Embellishment

Very hot and humid today. I am very bust at work. The new school year begins next Monday at the university and our Enrollment Coordinator left her job last week so her position falls back on to me in addition to the work I am already doing. Yikes! So work can be the pits right now and I am so ready to leave at 5pm. This weekend my in-laws will be here and stay the weekend at Baby Creek with us. Looking forward to seeing them again.

On to my card tonight. I will probably post two cards tonight so check back for another one a little later. The Outlawz Sunday challenge was a CAS card with a hand-made embellishment. I bet you'll be able to tell what my hand-made embellishment is!
The embossing is the Victoria Cuttelbug folder, one of my favorites! The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up! set. I added the ribbon and a flower I crocheted while I was in Salt Lake City.

I'm also entering this card into a few other challenges:
Thanks for stopping by. Hope the end of your week is spectacular.

5 comments:

Janeen said...

your crocheted flower looks great with that embossed background. hope your days at work get better. Thanks for entering your creation in the Embossing challenge with Speedy the Cat's Friends.

Rosie Guiher said...

Love the flower Donna! I should get my chrochet)sp)hooks out and play again,lol, been years since i have!

Carol Hurlock said...

How sweet. I just love the crochet flower and the nice designer touch it brings to this wonderful card. Well done! Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Challenge. It is a pleasure to come and visit and see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love the handmade crocheted flower. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Lorie said...

So pretty Donna! I love that crochet flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...