Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thankful Harvest

Happy Tuesday! It been rainy and dreary here the last few days and we aren't suppose to see the sun until Thursday. Even then we are supposed to be partly cloudy and then right back to rain for the weekend. Don't get me wrong. We need the rain desperately so I am happy to see it come. I did pull my tomato plants out this evening between the rain drops. They weren't growing and the snails and bugs were getting more tomatoes than I was so it was time for them to come in and ripen inside. I made a batch of tomatoes sauce last night so we just might have to have some chili this weekend! I am going to stuff some peppers also. So my harvest was plentiful this year. That brings me to my card this evening.

The image is pre-colored from Doodle Pantry from a set called Let Us be Thankful. My camera didn't do this image justice. It's just so beautiful! The background stripes are from Basic Grey. Using up more scraps. I added the scallop of brown along the side. The sentiment is from the same set. I rounded two of the corners to give it a different look.

I'm entering this card into a couple of challenges:
I am hoping that I get some play time tonight since I am posting a bit earlier than usual. Got lots of ideas swirling in my head. I am thankful that I do not have to do a Girl Scout training this weekend, Since they cancelled, I have most of the weekend free. I need to get some projects done. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a wonderful hump day! This week is flying by. Take care!

Donna

13 comments:

Penny said...

Donna, I love the beautiful colors, your design, the strips of BG, and your scalloped border. And that image is really gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Penny said...

Donna, so glad you posted this card to Lady Anne's, too! Thank you for sharing this gem with us! Be sure to play with us again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Lorie said...

Ooo, I <3 this! Of course what is not to like about Thanksgiving?

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love harvest/Thanksgiving images- what a bonus to be pre-colored! Loving the strips of DSp in the BG. OK- how do you ripen the green tomatoes- we have only had about 10 turn red this year......?????

Lady Anne said...

Donna as always your card is fabulous, you are such an amazing crafter. Thank you for joining us at Lady Anne's. I would like to wish you good luck...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! The pre-colored digis are so nice!! I love the strips of DP!

Amber said...

What a great thankful card!! Thanks for playing with us at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

Linda Anderson said...

Donna, this is one stunning card. I saw it on The Outlawz Challenge. Love the bright fall colors and your strips of diagonal papers. Very unique. And yummy with all the wonderful food you were talking about, now I'm really hungry!!

Linda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Such a pretty card....you are making me seriously think Thanksgiving and Fall cards "to do" list. Wow...sounds like you are "susy homemaker this week"....rain will do that to you. On one side of our house, I can get tomatoes up to the 2nd week in December. However, due to so much traveling this summer, I did not plant....now I regret it and will miss those December tomatoes. PS I spent most of my morning trying to get spaghetti sauce stains out of my shirt...haha

Ellis said...

Wonderful fall card, great colors too!
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Lady Anne's!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful fall card. I love the strips of paper and the beautiful image!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Donna, love the design with those fabulous bright background papers and the edged border!

Lorianna said...

Beautiful and elegant card
this image is so pretty and you used a wonderful colour combination.
Hugs
Lorianna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...