Sunday, March 24, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Is this really the end of March? Because if you look out my window right now we have several inches of snow on the ground and it's coming down wet and heavy. It will only be worth it if we get a day off work but I am not counting on that. Would be really nice though. I would have taken a picture but it's getting dark so it wouldn't have been a very good picture. The forecast is 6-10 total but they've been changing it all day so who knows how much we'll get.

My project tonight has nothing to do with snow but Easter is this week and I finished my co-worker gifts to give on Friday.
These are carrots made from the the largest heart of the Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. You can a video of how to make the carrots on Valita's blog. Very easy to make. I made 11 of them and decorated them with Doodle Pantry's Bunny Wabbit set. I used the pre-colored bunnies to decorate each carrot. The stems are just cut from leftover scrap card stock and the Stampin' Up! Boho punch that I haven't used in a very long time. They are so cute.

I am entering these challenges:
I also want to share a card I received from a friend. (Hi Valerie!) This was for an Easter swap. I also included a close up of one of the carrots.


 I just noticed the black spot on the photo. The card isn't really like that so I'm not sure what happened to the photo.

Hope the weather is better where you are. And I am hoping that this is the last winter storm we have. Can't wait for two weeks to go by and Tom and I will be leaving for Hawaii. I think we will thaw out there. Have a super week!

Donna

8 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Treat boxes are so cute - your coworkers are going to be very happy Friday. great job.

Stef H said...

how cute. i should learn how to do that carrot. jade would love it.

we got a dusting and it's all gone now. whew. i am sooooooooooo ready for warmer weather and sunshine... even if i still stay in - LOL.

hugs :)

Pat said...

Cute carrots. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Your carrots are adorable! Such a fun project! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Winnie and Patty said...

What cute project! Love those carrots! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute project -- I love it so much that I plan to make some for a hostess gift. FABULOUS!

AllisonG said...

Donna, I was looking for a way to contact you on your blog but couldn't find one. YOU WON a prize from CatsCreationsScrapbooks.blogspot.com by commenting on my blog on March 20. You can claim your prize by emailing Cat (the store owner) at catbeaty (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. Congratulations!

Dawn Frost said...

Donna I LOVE the carrots, they're adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...