Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Our foot of snow has put me into the Christmas spirit. I may not be that way tomorrow when the new storm hits us. More snow and freezing rain. Guess I'll be staying in. We did get out today to do a little shopping today. The sunshine helped to melt a lot of excess snow on the roadways.
I made  a few Christmas cards. Tomorrow I intend to start writing them out so I can get them out. Then I'll see whether I have enough of them made.

This is the other card that I made at my Copic class. The images are from Lawn Fawn. I am not sure where the sentiment is from. The door is paper pieced. I free handed the hills in the background and added Stickles to the edges. The gumdrop is covered in glossy accents and sprinkled with glitter. The house top has a special white edge for snow and glossy accents on the red/green eaves. I added the patterned paper and the twine. The gingerbread house is popped off the card. I really like this one. I am entering this card into the Outlawz Thursday challenge.

A second card I made was for a swap.
The tree is a die cut from Memory Box. I added some green Stickles. The geometric shapes are from a stamps set called Happy Hexagons by Fresh Squeezed Stamps. I added some Stickles into the shapes also. The sentiment is from Gina K. I am entering this card into these challenges:

Hope your Christmas preparations are coming along. I do wish I was further along but it always comes together. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Donna


4 comments:

Glenda said...

I love both your cards but the first one is just my favorite. I love the house and the hills behind it. Well done!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling....still wish I could join you in the copic classes. Stay warm!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I adore both of these cards. The tree is so elegant and the gingerbread house is darling. Have a wonderful week and I hope the weather improves.

Deb said...

Donna, I love the sparkle in your cards! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...