Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Balloon Birthday

My apologies friends for being away so long. With my daughter getting married this year we are busy getting things together for her big day. I just finished the "save the date" cards that I hand painted (all 70 of them). I'll share those with you as soon as I get a photo of them. Now to address them all and get them mailed out. I took a break tonight and made a card. Haven't done that for quite a while. I am going to have to get busy because I have a bunch of birthdays coming up at the beginning of February. So my first February birthday card is for my son.

This was a pretty easy card to put together. Several layers of blue for the background. I colored a white doily that I had with Copics to symbolize the sun. I paper pieced the air balloon with some plaid that was laying out on my desk. And I used a Simon Says stamps set that matches their banner die. My son lives in Boston so this is the perfect sentiment for him. I just bought my first glimmer mist in clearance mostly because it was close to the color of my daughter's bridal dresses for the wedding party. I thought maybe I'd have a use for it at some point. But I spritzed the glimmer mist on the front of the card. The color is Jack Frost. Here's the challenges I am entering:

Sweet Sketch Sunday : the sketch 

Kaboodle Doodle: use blue

Thank you for stopping by today and hanging in there with me since I haven't been here for a while. I hope your weather is warmer than our weather is going to be here for the next week or so. Our forecast alternates between O degree temps and snow. Yippee! I will be so ready for spring, sunshine and flowers. LOL! Maybe that's why I was thinking sunshine this evening. Hope your week is full of sunshine!

Donna


5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- the doily is so pretty- and I love the idea of the shimmer from the Glimmer mist. How fun to have a wedding to look forward to!

Glenda said...

Love the color combo on this one! Blue and Yellow just makes me smile!

Stef H said...

this is stunning! what a great idea coloring that doily... and you did a beautiful job!

how exciting... a wedding.

i am so sick of winter. this is just nuts.

stay warm, stay safe.

hugs :)

The Gov. said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Laura said...

Donna what a nice card.. I love the colours..
thanks for joining us at TTCRD for our challenge..
Laura DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...