Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Christmas Dragon

Seven inches of snow last night. Most of the schools were closed today but not the university so I didn't get my crafting day I was hoping for. Bummer! More snow coming on Saturday. Tomorrow and Friday we are going back to the deep freeze. The nights will be below 0 again. So, baby, it's cold outside and I turned to making a Christmas card.





DigiSatmos4Joy again has their progressive Christmas challenge. You use the image they provide and you get the next month's image. This month the image is this adorable little dragon. I have lots of nieces and nephews that will love this card. I used the image and backed it with a Spellbinder's Pendant die. The background paper is double-sided and I used both sides of the Lori Whitlock paper. I embossed the sentiment with fine black embossing powder. On the strip I used a berry lace die from Magnolia stamps. I added the three sizes of pearls as embellishments. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch for this card.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for tonight. It's about my bed time. Hope you are enjoying your week. We are counting down to the weekend. Thanks for stopping by today.

Donna

7 comments:

Borqna said...

Bravo!
Good luck!

Stef H said...

great card. i should be working on xmas cards too and not crunch come xmas. i've got an overabundance of everything else - LOL.

we got about 4-5 inches of snow. it's this deep freeze i'm not liking. i have to make sure puppy's paws are covered and the socks don't stay on plus get cold. i'm trying some baggies on top of them today.

our weekend snow prediction has been changed to "light" thank goodness, but that remains to be seen.

stay warm and stay safe.

hugs :)

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is a gorgeous Christmas creation with a great design and colouring. Its also a great take on the sketch. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of March.

You might also like to enter this beautiful Christmas card over at Lisa’s Linky Party as there are some lovely prizes up for grabs each month.
{Decosse’s 12 months of Christmas Link Up}

Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Glenda Atkins said...

This is a delightful,fun card, love your die cut circle frame!
Hasn't winter been just terrible this year, can't wait for spring!
hugs
Glenda

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun Christmas card! Thank you so for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a cute little Christmas dragon!! I love the fancy die frame!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Linda Anderson said...

Such a cutie of a card Donna! Snow, snow go away!!! I'm so tired of it. Blame it on the groundhog!!!

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...