Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy sunshine today! We had bright lovely sunshine and the temps approached the freezing mark. It felt like a heat wave. And rumor has it that we might hit 60 by next Friday. What a treat that would be after this really nasty, cold winter. My heart goes out to all the people in the southern US as they endure the ice and snow storm. My prayers are with you all. 
I finished another Valentine's Day card this evening. I've actually been working on this one a couple of evenings. I kind of got carried away with layering. LOL! But I didn't like it without the layers.

I used a Stampin' Up! background stamp that I've had for quite a while and it's called Background 1. It must be retired by now I am sure. I stamped it several times and then cut and layered the pieces. The pink layer I embossed with a Spellbinder Mbossability and then layered it with the same dark brown card stock as the other layers. I colored my Valentine image with Copics (R27, R46, RV02 and RV06) and then fussy cut the image. I added a little ric rac to finish off the card. I like this one a lot.
I am entering these challenges:
Tomorrow is my Friday at work since I have 3 doctors' appointments on Friday so I took the day off. I need to get my hair cut that day too. So I'll have a full day on Friday. Thanks for stopping to visit today. I hope you liked my card today.

Donna

12 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

It is beautiful Donna, especially love your embossed background and all the layers!
hugs
Glenda

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Ha! Don't apologize for the layers because this card is absolutely stunning! Not only do I love the layers, but I love the background stamp that you used and the embossed layer. It gives the card such great depth! You also did a wonderful job of coloring in the Valentines images and the ric rac is the perfect finishing touch! I actually didn't know it was ric rac until I read your post. I thought they were rows of tiny hearts! Beautiful card and I think it was definitely worth all the time and effort. Thank you so much for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Julie Temple said...

Very pretty...great job with the layers! Thanks for playing along with us for Stella's Sketch at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug!

Julie
Bugaboo DT

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! adding it to my favs to CASE. i thought the ric rac was a "burn". great touch.

yep... warmer temps on the way. now what will i do with myself??? LOL.

happy valentine's day!!!!

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful, warm, and rich looking card!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love the layers with the aged edges and those wonderful hearts just pop off the design. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

The Gov. said...

Love the embossing and all the layering! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Donna K said...

Your card really caught my eye as I was browsing the SweetStamps.com challenge entries…lovely layers and the banner is GREAT. Thanks for joining our Love challenge! Happy Valentine's Day! ~Donna K

Jodie Mackrell said...

very beautiful. thank you for joining us this week at catch the bug

Jodie Mackrell said...

very beautiful. thank you for joining us this week at catch the bug

sammi said...

Beautiful card. Love the inking around the layered panels. Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Stella Says Sketch” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Riette said...

Great background and loving the distressed look.
Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
xxxx
Riette, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...