Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stella Birthday

Good Sunday Morning to you! As I write we have about a quarter inch of ice on the ground. We won't be going anywhere today. We have another 3-6 inches of snow yet to come. A winter storm warning going until tomorrow. Will spring never come? Well, I'm making up for the nasty weather by making bright cards. Anything to think spring!
This card is for a friend's birthday. I used a Bugaboo Stella image.

I colored the Stella image with Copics (YR00, E00, Black, E35, RV06, YG03, YG17, C5, C1, and Y02). I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch for the card.

The designer paper is K & Company Citronella. I love the bright bold colors and the chevron patter. I cut the image with Spellbinder's circle die. The flags were cut and I punched the pennant end with a flower punch to make it look a little different. Added some ribbon and rhinestones from my stash.  The inside of the card uses the same paper and banner. The banner reads: Still hot.... if flashed count!

I am entering this card into these challenges:
Well, I am hoping to go back and spend the day creating cards at my desk. Certainly can't go anywhere but I could do some cooking and cleaning up of my craft space too. So it will be  a lazy day today. I am looking forward to it. Hope you have an awesome Sunday too.



7 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Such a fun card! I love Stella images and this one is a hoot!!
We are also in the way of the storm, Donna. It wasn't suppose to start until tonigh, but has already started. Temps are only 30 degrees so the rain is icy...Up to a foot of snow is predicted before this mess ends tomorrow.
I with you about spring. Stay warm and safe!

Jenée said...

Great card. The image made me grin. Can just see that this summer when I gets hot here in the south. I'm sure I'd be one ssitting in front of the fan/AC (LOL)! Great use of our sketch. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Haha!! This is so cute!! Amazing what an image can say without any words! :)
I'd take your snow if you got any, Donna, but you can keep the ice! ;)
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving the great bright colors of this card! The image is so fun- a great birthday card...I have ALOT of family with March B-days- I'll have to look up this fun image!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous fun card Donna, great take on the sketch! Loving the bright colours!
hugs
Glenda

Kathy said...

So bright and fun. Love this cute image and the cheerful paper you've paired it with. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Catch the Bug.

Unknown said...

You have created such a beautiful creation, perfect for our color challenge at Pile It On. Thank you for joining us and please come back for our new 'easter' challenge.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...