Monday, July 28, 2014

Kitty Christmas

Happy Monday morning! I couldn't sleep for thinking about the wedding and all I have left to do. It's happening a lot lately. I do have my list but that doesn't seem to be helping me with sleeping. Bummer! So I thought I'd start my Monday morning by posting my card that I finished last night. This is another of my progressive challenges. This one is DigiStamps4Joy Christmas challenge.

This cute little cats in the tree image is the free image this month. After I colored the image with Bic markers I cut it out with the Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals. I wanted to pick up the blue in the image So I sponged the embossing with my Bashful Blue ink. I wanted the background to look somewhat Christmas-like so I found this plaid paper in my stash and a Christmas sentiment tag that I already had made from a previous project. I popped the tag and then added the three little blue flowers for some extra pizzazz.
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your Monday morning gets off to a great start. I just hope I can stay awake at work. LOL!

Donna



4 comments:

Stef H said...

you pair colors and prints in ways i NEVER think of... and they always look fabulous!!!! i just saw - in a catalog no less - a floral blouse paired with a plaid skirt! wth? i was raised where that was the biggest fashion NO NO a girl can make. guess today, it's true that anything goes!

i hope you're taking pictures of before and after in your renovation! isn't it fun?????? LOL

have a great week.

hugs :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Donna. Love the image.... reminds me how our cats always thought the tree was for their climbing pleasure, and the ornaments were for batting around the house.

Try not to stress about the wedding, everything will get done and your daughter's wedding day will be beautiful!

Diane said...

What a fun card design.

Hugs Diane

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is just so beautiful with the ornate oval shape you have placed the image in. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of August.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...