Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Whatever Floats Your Goat

Happy Tuesday! It's hard to believe that we are headed toward the middle of the week and the end of July. Where is the time going to? Yesterday Tom and I took the day off of work and drove to Indianapolis to look for a mother-of-the-bride dress for me. We looked in countless stores and everything was either black or white or in Tom's words "looked like a table cloth." Finally tried on my first dress at Saks Fifth Avenue. I think I tried on four dresses there. None at any other stores. So we bought one of the dresses I tried on at Saks. It's a long dress. I really had a short one in mind but it was the best one we saw. It's champagne in color and the skirt is really sparkly. I'll try to get a picture of it up sometime.It was after 6pm until we got home and I was beat. Over 12,000 steps yesterday. Shopping is work. LOL! I guess that's why I hate clothes shopping so much.

On the weekend I managed to eke out one card. I've got to get myself in gear and get some cards done. Lots of birthdays in August. Speaking of which, here is an August birthday card.

The inside says "Whatever floats your goat. Happy Birthday" I just love this set. The stamp set is from Doodle Pantry and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Birthday sentiments. The image and layer behind it was cur with Spellbinders Oval dies. I added several layers of paper. I used an OWH sketch. The smaller panel is embossed with D'vine Swirls. This one is for my BIL.

I'm entering these challenges:
I made some zucchini soup this evening from my ever growing number of zucchini from the garden. I am going to have to find recipes for cucumbers next. I have a bumper crop coming. Hope your week is going well.

Donna

5 comments:

Stef H said...

super cute card!

i hear ya on the shopping. i just can't do it anymore. it tires me out something fierce not to mention the walking kills my hips and legs! oy old age!

can't wait to see pictures of the dress - with YOU in it!!! i'll bet it's absolutely gorgeous!

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I so love this image and seeing your card to reinstates my love for it even more. Darling card and I think I'm ready to make another card with this silly goat. Thank you for sharing and joining our Doodle Pantry July Challenge.

Rosie Guiher said...

I can hear you on the dress shopping.lol. I get worn out just doing the groceries. Can't wait to see the dress. Mine was a long one too. But i don't wear dress's.lol.
Your card is so cute.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Perfect colors and DP image to use on this great creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Doodle Pantry!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Absolutely fun for a birthday - love the colors!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...