Thursday, July 24, 2014

Winter Friends

Greetings! I am so happy it's almost the weekend. Lots of things to do for the wedding, so this weekend will be busy again. I am working on getting my progressive challenge cards done before the end of the month. So the first one is with From the Heart Stamps and I used the July Stamp of the month called Winter Friends.

This is such a sweet image! The set has some very nice sentiments with it too. I chose not to use one on the front of the card. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for the card. The background paper I won in a blog candy but the snowflakes are sparkly in real life. The red was cut from Spellbinders Fluer de Lis die cut and the image is cut from Spellbinder Tear Drop Circles. When you emboss the circle there are small raised dots but I doubted that you could see them. So I added some blue glitter glue for some added sparkle. And then the three sequins I covered in Glossy Accents. I really like this one.

I am entering these challenges:

6 comments:

Glenda said...

How adorable. I just love snowmen and this little guy is just so cute!

Stef H said...

oooooooooo this is stunning! that red really makes it pop!

hope your weekend is fabulous!

hugs :)

Debbie said...

Oh goodness! Thank you! You just reminded me that I got this image for playing last month but haven't used it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Your card is so cute! I love the DP and that fancy die!!
Thanks so much for playing this week at TMS!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

So sweet and beautiful take on the sketch, Donna! Love it!

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE your take on that sketch, Donna! Wonderful colors and lovely die cut behind the image. I'm so happy to see you playing along at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Donna, this is too adorable! I love that image, and the blue glitter accenting the die cut - and the sequins - are just perfect :) YAY for nice summer weather!! So glad you came to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...