Monday, August 25, 2014

Hogs & Kisses

Happy Monday! The start of a new week and the wedding creeps closer. Less than three weeks now. I worked on the favors a little while tonight but decided to make a card.

I saw some awesome fall cards today on blogs so I went a little more toward fall with this one, at least with the colors. The image is the stamp of the month over at From the Heart stamps challenge. Isn't he just the cutest! The sentiment came with the image. I used the Paper Players sketch for the layout. I colored the image with Copics and water-colored the sentiment with spiced marmalade distress ink. I punched some oak leaves to make a littel embellishment. I die cut the image with Spellbinders scalloped circles and inked the edges with Certainly Celery ink. The banner is a trick I learned on Jennifer McGuire's blog. The trick is in this video toward the end. It's a way to cheat a banner. I am entering these challenges:
Hope you had a great start to your week.  I am looking forward to a three day weekend and some down time. No family this weekend so I hope to finish the rest of the favors for the wedding. Take care and make  it an awesome week!

Donna

8 comments:

Andrea W said...

Fun card! The image is super cute and I love the sentiment. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

Imke said...

Donna, this is gorgeous. I like your layout and the little leaves.

Thanks for joining our SOTM August Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Stef H said...

awwww how cute is this! wow! the shower was really close to the wedding. usually it's like 3 months before! anyway, it'll all be over soon and i'd say you can relax but then .... here come the holidays! oy vey!

i see the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another bad winter. that just bites. especially since the guy who shovels my driveway moved away! i sure hope i make it to church on time on sundays! another oy vey! but we'll just wait and see.

have a great week. hope it cools down.

hugs :)

laurie said...

That made me chuckle..such a cute card! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my what a cute piggie! Great coloring job and I love your faux banner...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute card! I love your coloring. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a super fun card - that sentiment made me smile! Love the sponged edge to your scalloped circle - it really adds definition. Great use of this week's sketch - thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Kathy said...

This is stunning. Love the bright colors and fun leaf embellies. Thanks for playing along with our progressive challenge at From the Heart Stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...