Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Birthday Wolf

I need two more birthday cards this month. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get things done. Saturday is my youngest's birthday. He will always be my baby even though he'll be 26 years young this weekend. Time flies when they are growing up. And he's my next wedding. He will marry his sweetheart next May. So more wedding bells in our future. His favorite animal has always been a wolf. So I decided to use that as my theme.
I loosely used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.


And here's my card:

The wolf is really my oval from the sketch. It's a 2006 set from Stampin' Up! called Wildlife Reserve. And the trees are also an old set but one of my favorites from Stampin' Up! called Lovely as a Tree. I decided to keep the trees plain and make the wolf stand out by coloring him and also popping him up from the background. I heat embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment, from Hero Arts, with Tim Holtz Distress Walnut Stain embossing powder. Then add three star brads. I really like the way it turned out. I hope he does too!
I am entering these challenges:
I am feeling better today. I went back to work and had several meetings. They always make me tired so I hope to sleep good tonight. The weather is supposed to be a little warmer this week. I think they are predicting 60'sso I hope to get out and do some walking while I still can. Make it an awesome Wednesday, friends!

Donna

7 comments:

Stef H said...

they just grow up too fast!!! you'll be busy with this wedding too. glad you're feeling better.

yep.. they say 70's sat., sun. & monday. one more mowing and i'll be good til spring.

have a great week.

hugs :)

Roxie said...

Very nice card design with one of the SU old favorites Lovely Trees. Thanks for playing along in the SweetStamps.com challenge.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card for your son!! You can still call him your baby. I'm much older than he and my mother still calls me her baby!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Glad you are feeling better- yep- get your walking in while the weather is still good! In a few months, we will be dreaming of nice 60 degree days! Loving how you used the wolf on your sketch! Putting on DT hat now- Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

Dana Joy said...

That is one of my favorite stamp sets from SU. You used it brilliantly on your card. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, Lovely as a Tree is always a favorite of mine. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! And yes, meetings are awfully tiring. The more rest you get the faster you'll be back to 100% :)
Happy birthday to your little man! Thanks so much for coming to play at TMS this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...