Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I can't believe how cold it was today. I don't think we got above 30 today and it was windy and snowy most of the day. We didn't get much accumulation but it's a little early for snow around here. We have another cold one tomorrow. I think at least Saturday we are supposed to get above freezing. We are having Thanksgiving here on Sunday since next Sunday I have a baby shower and we have to travel for the actual day. We'll celebrate with my daughter and son-in-law this weekend and then watch the Colt hopefully beat the Patriots. Oh that would make me sooooo happy!

One of my co-workers had surgery to replace her knee so I made a card for her for everyone to sign. Veru simple but I really like it.
Isn't that cookie jar adorable? This is from the progressive stamp set for this month at Imagine That. I love the little tag: Chocolate is a girl's best friend. If I had surgery I'd want a lot of chocolate. I used a scrap from my stash and added the little banner with the embossed sentiment. The sketch is close to the Sweet Sunday Sketch. I popped up the cute little cookie jar.

I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are warm and cozy. Please stay safe!

Donna

9 comments:

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, great image and the sentiment is fabulous. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Stef H said...

this IS fabulous!

cold here with flurries but no accumulation. i hear some parts of IN got more than 6" of snow - ugh. at least it didn't start as early as last year!!! we're in the deep freeze (below freezing) for the next week. only places i go is to food pantry and sunday service. no xmas shopping this year. i'm making everything!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,

brrrr ist das kalt bei dir. Schnee habt ihr auch schon. Davon sind wir in Deutschland noch weit entfernt.
Eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Imagine That Challenge. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adorable card, Donna. This card will definitely bring smiles to your friend.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Great card an I know your coworker will love it. Did you give her some cookies as well? LOL Thanks for joining us at Imagine That by Kris this month.
Lynne DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the cookie jar- perfect for a Get Well card! How nice of you to make a card for your co-worker too!

Lisa Lynn said...

That will be perfect for a recovery. Your card is adorable. Thanks for joining our monthly challenge. Lisa Lynn DT

Helen said...

A really cute card - beautifully made.

Thanks for joining us at Imagine That - hope to see you again in December!

Helen x

Edwina said...

Great layout for your card. I had not thought of a feel better soon card with this digi, but I sure like it. I know whoever receives it will love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina DT for Imagine That!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...