Sunday, June 28, 2015

I'm Back!

Wow! It's been a week and while I know that day camp week never gives me any time to do anything else and at the end I am dead tired, I thought maybe I could sneak something in. Ha! Never happens. The Lord blessed us most of the week and the storms came for the most part when we weren't in camp. Our overnight and high adventure unit got caught in a storm overnight one night and we had rain for the last two hours Friday afternoon, but most of the week, thankfully, was dry. The horse unit got to ride both their rides. The girls got to swim in the afternoons, so overall it went well. It made clean up a little more difficult and we are still drying out tarps and tents, but most everything is put away. We had 280+ girls this year so it takes a little work to keep that many busy for 5 days. That's my job. I always have a wonderful time with the girls but I am also glad to put another year in the books and move on. My next thing to do is make the thank you notes that will go out to leaders and resource people. I've got to get on that asap.

I did manage to eke out some time between clean up to finish up the last of my progressive challenges for the month. This one is for From the Heart Stamp of the Month.

Meet Prickles Says Hello from From the Heart Stamps. I used the image from the set and colored it with Copic markers. I edged the image panel with Mowed Grass Distress Ink and then added a little faux stitching. The background paper is from K & Company. And then I finished it off with a flower from the Michael's $ bin. I used the sketch from i {heart}sketch challenge.

I am entering these challenges:

This card also works for the Outlawz CAS challenge this week. This was my off week but I hope you can join in this easy challenge. Just use green on your project. Easy peasy CAS green. I didn't really set out to create something for this challenge but it must have been stuck in my head anyway. LOL! Hope you have an awesome Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

6 comments:

MaryH said...

Love my little hedgies - and this one is particularly cute. Love the pretty yellow DP that is dressing him up so nicely, and love the touch of the torn paper...something I seldom think to try. So glad you had a successful camp, and that you can dry out & rest up until next year. Have a great week, and TFS.

Imke said...

Sweet Card, Donna !

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month June Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist this week @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Lin said...

A fun mix of elements, Donna, and I like your happy green and yellow colors! I'm glad you found the time to play with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Cute fun card!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Pat (mspfd) said...

How cute! What a great take on the sketch! Loe the colors!!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Sweet and cute card! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Tina dt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...