Monday, June 1, 2015

New CAS Challenge at the Outlawz

Yesterday our new CAS challenge went up on the Outlawz site. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my card up here on time. The wedding this weekend kept me kind of busy. I had intended to get it up last night after we got home. But after driving the 4 hours home we found out our son had trouble getting his planes and we had to go pick him up at the Indianapolis airport and he spent the night with us. We got up at 4:45 am to get him back to the airport for is flight home. Fortunately this time he made it. So I didn't get it posted on time. Today I've been running full speed to get caught up after being gone most of the week last week and preparation for the wedding.

So the challenge this week is to make a guy card featuring a sport that's popular where you are from. Here's my card:
This card will likely go to my brother-in-law who is an avid golfer. I just love the sentiment from Create with TLC. The image is from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. No coloring here except the inking of the edges. I die cut the image and just trimmed the sentiment. I punched the circle for the golf ball and then embossed it with the Swiss dots embossing folder to make it look like a golf ball. Easy peasy!
I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll leave you with a picture from the wedding. The ceremony was an unplugged ceremony. No cameras or cell phones allowed. So we all have to wait for the professional photographers pictures. But here's one from another time during the day.

This is the reception line after the ceremony. My lovely daughter-in-law is standing on a step stool. The minister brought it out for the first kiss since Anne is so much shorter than Steve. The stoop made it's rounds after that. LOL! I'll have ore pictures later. Have a wonderful week.

Donna

11 comments:

MaryH said...

Bless your heart, for even getting a card posted today. You must be so tired & frazzled. After the excitement of a happy wedding, then the anxiety of missed planes, and return airport trips. Been there, and it does take the starch out of you. It's a perfect sports card for a special fellow, and I like the simplicity so that the image takes center focus. Loved seeing the picture of your beautiful children; they look so happy. Gorgeous dress too. Hooray for them on the 'unplugged' ceremony. I applaud that. Never thought of that term - but I shall remember it! Rest up and hope you can get caught up. TFS & Hugs

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fabulous image and a great take on our leggy challenge
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More
You might also like to link up at AAA Cards as we are looking for 'Cards for Guys' this time too.

Patricia St Martin said...

I can not believe you even got a card posted with everything going on, you are so loyal to the team. That sure sound like a lot was going on for you. So glad everything is over now you can relax now. The wedding picture is beautiful. Hope you have some more to share with us. Greta card and the perfect CAS and love the sentiment.
Hugs, Pat♥

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful Father's Day card. You are a trooper to even get it posted.

What a handsome couple. I hope you are able to post some of the photographer's photos of the wedding. I bet everyone loved all the creations you made. Sure hope they show up in the photos taken at the reception. Congratulations to the happy couple!

Rosie Guiher said...

Very nice man card Donna. Love the golf ball.
Very nice picture of the happy couple. Now take some time for yourself,lol.

Paddington fan said...

What a fabulous CAS masculine card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck in the prize draw and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Mervi said...

Lovely vintage card for male.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Neets B said...

Such a great guy card and I like that you stamped in navy.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fabulous CAS card design. The embossed circle is a fab golf ball! So perfect for our masculine challenge. Love the stamped sentiment, very funny. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our 'Father's Day/Special Man' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. We're so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Chrissie said...

This is brilliant... I love this sentiment.. I must remember this one!
Great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

What a super card for a chap and love your sentiment!
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...