Monday, July 20, 2015

Merry & Bright

Back from vacation and sadly I have to go back to work tomorrow. It was a really nice trip. Lots of driving but a fairly inexpensive trip since we had places to stay and only ate out once a day. So my weight didn't get too out of hand. My garden is out of control. I picked 4 zucchini that look like clubs and 10 cucumbers. And a dish pan full of tomatoes. Tomorrow after work I'll have to pick green beans. I didn't get to that tonight. I used one of the images I colored while away to make a quick card this evening. This is one of the scrap backgrounds that I made earlier in the year.


The cute bear image is from Beccy's Place. I colored him with Copic Markers and then added the sentiment from a Gina K set called Blessed is the Season. As I said above, I used one of the scrap backgrounds that I made earlier this year mounted on a red card stock background. I used some Christmas ribbon to create another layer behind the popped up image of the bear. Just an easy put together card for tonight. I am entering these challenges:

That's about it for me tonight. I have laundry to finish and I'm hoping to fall into bed early tonight. I probably should get a good night's sleep before heading back to work tomorrow. It will likely be a very busy day of catch up. I hope your week is off to a great start. Looking forward to get back into the swing of crafting! Make it an awesome Tuesday.

Donna

10 comments:

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

What an adorable card! Love the bear and ornament! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy ~ Marilyn

Laurian said...

What a cutie Donna, I love the bright background, it really works so well with the image!
I am working my way through all the blogs on the Outlawz so I am now following you!

Hugz

Laurian
lauralcrafts.blogspot.co.uk

Rosie Guiher said...

Love your card. The bear is just so darn cute. Your garden sounds like it is doing better then ours. We only got a few head(little) of cabbage,only a couple of zucchini are there and tomatoes still not coming on. Stringbeans are still tiny. We have had so much rain that our grapes are turning brown again this year. Your trip sounds like you had a great time.

Beccy said...

Great card Donna, I love the scrap background you created and of course, Stanley is my favourite little bear! I really like the sentiment stamp you added to the bauble... the font is great and it's just the perfect size to add to little pieces.
I hope your first day back at work wasn't too busy!
Cheers,
Beccy

April said...

Absolutely adorable little creature. :-)
April

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card, great background to go with this cute image. Thanks for joining Beccy's place challenge.

Unknown said...

I love bears and Christmas and these two go great together!! Love it!

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Darling card, great colors, layers and image. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Sandy Trefger said...

Very cute! I love the different patterns and the adorable bear and ornament! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- the background is so fun- and the bear is as sweet as can be. Such a sweet Christmas card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...