Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sweetest Baby

Happy Hump Day, friends! Where do these weeks go? I've been so busy at work this week that the time goes by quickly, which I really like when I'm at work. The faster the better. LOL! Our weather has been stifling. Hot, humid and oppressive! Not my favorite kind of weather for sure. It's been fairly nice until recently so I'm missing the nice weather. It will come back again, I'm sure.
I don't think I've mentioned my big news. My daughter announced she was pregnant so I'm going to be grandma for the first time. I'm already looking for projects to get started on. I haven't had much opportunity to make baby things before. So I thought I'd start with a congrats card for my daughter and son-in-law.


I used a recent free sentiment from Create with TLC. I cut that out of Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals and inked that with Cracked Pistachio distress ink. Since we don't know if the baby is a boy or girl yet I wanted to use more neutral colors. I used a Gina K set called Wee Tees, which has either been retired or it's out of stock, for the "bear" background. I stamped the teddies with a light gray ink. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch sketch for the card.


The banner pieces are from a Simon Says stamp kit. The pin and duck are cute little embellishments that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while ago. I think they are adorable! I'm getting more excited about the thought of being a grandma for the first time. She isn't due until the beginning of February but it will be here before you know it. Tom's sisters are already thinking about a baby shower for her at Christmas time when everyone is home. 
I am entering this card in these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope wherever you are that the weather is nicer than here. Make the rest of your week awesome!

Donna


9 comments:

Heather said...

Ab adorable card Donna, a super design and lovey background.....your sentiment panel is fabulous and such cute elements!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

stampingvickisvisions said...

Congratulations to you too, as you'll be the Grandmother! Cute card thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. DT

Stef H said...

yep. mondays always zoomed by and the rest of the week dragged when i worked. retirement - everyday zooms by. so fast that if i didn't X out each day on my calendar i'd never know what day it is - LOL.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! congrats on the good news! so happy for all of you!

another day closer to friday. have a great one!

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, Wonderful job with the sketch and just a darling sentiment. Love the die cut and your added embellishments.
Hugs, Pat♥

Céline said...

so cute, thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your darling card- so sweet! The gender neutral colors are perfect. CONGRATS to you!!!

Kris B said...

Congratulations on your first grand-baby! What an exciting and fun time! Your card is adorable! Love the teddy background! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

Congratulations, Grandma-to-be!!!!! How exciting! This is a really sweet card for your DD and SIL!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute...love how you flipped the sketch....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...