Tuesday, August 4, 2015

How Tweet It Is

Busy day today. Everyone had a question at work and I couldn't get away from just putting out fires all day. I don't feel like I get anything accomplished that way. The project I am working on is going to take me months so I guess one day isn't going to make that big of a difference. Beautiful weather today. Not terribly humid or hot. We had the windows open in the office and there was a nice breeze. Everyone else has their air conditioning on but I love having the breeze. Not too many people come to visit because they say it's too hot in my office. Works for me. LOL!


I really like my card tonight. I love the soft colors and the cute image. The image is from From the Heart called Apple Blossom Birds. I colored the image with Copic Markers and added a sentiment from a Gina K stamp set. It was called Heartily Yours but I no longer see it on the web site. I used the sketch from i {heart} card sketches with a twist #114. The twist is to use water color so I water colored the background and used washi tape to finish off the sketch.


I made the card a 4x4 square. I don't often make square cards but I think it turned out rather cute. This is an anniversary card that I sent to my friends. The die cut is a new one that I just got from My Favorite Things. It's from the Inside Outside Stitched Rounded Square Stax. I just love some of the new dies that I just got. I'm sure you will be seeing more very soon.
I am entering these challenges:
Hope your Tuesday has been lots of fun. I am off to work on the organization of my dies. It's going to be a while until I get everything organized but every little bit helps. Have a super Wednesday and see you again soon.

Donna


9 comments:

Imke said...

Donna, this is super sweet. Like the birdies and the sentiment fits great.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 114 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, Gorgeous is this darling card. I love the sentiment.
Hugs Pat♥

brrenwick said...

A very "tweet" card it is! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

Unknown said...

What a TWEET card, Donna! I love the little birds! :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, Donna!! This is a really sweet image and your coloring is amazing!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That cute little pair of birdies is almost as adorable as the sentiment - what a sweet card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anonymous said...

Love this card! - love the colors and the Washi tap is perfect! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
Lyn

Jo said...

This is adorable, and so, so pretty.
Thank you for joining in the fun at FTHS
Jo xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super job on the sketch, Donna! Beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...