Monday, August 17, 2015

Popcorn Challenge

I didn't have a lot of time to craft over the weekend. One Saturday we went to Indianapolis and after walking The Canal we had dinner and then went to an Indianapolis Indians game. They are a farm team but it was great fun! I haven't been to a ball game in years and this year we went to 2 of them: one in Maryland with our son Dan and then one this past weekend. Then Sunday I watched my Colts lose to the Eagles, but it's just preseason and they usually lose all the preseason games. I think they do it on purpose sometimes so they don't give away any of their secret weapons until the real games start. While watch the game I started on this card and then finished it today. The inspiration came from Kathy at The Daily Marker. The challenge was all about lines and Kathy explained an eyelash technique that she likes to use. I tried it on this card.

I drew a bunch of lines on the card stock and then straightened some by making them thicker. I colored the background with Copics using saturated colors that I learned last from My Favorite Things. I added the little eyelashes to give more detail to the background. I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum so that the background would come forward. I really love the outcome. I think it's a great guy card! I am entering these challenges:

Please check out my blog candy for my 1000th post. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your week is off to a wonderful start. Come back and see mt again soon.

Donna

5 comments:

Stef H said...

omword! this is stunning! simply stunning!

hugs :)

andree said...

A great card, fab design. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Great card!!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this looks so amazing it is like looking into a kaleidoscope awesome card thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
hugs
lorraine x

Greta said...

Your card caught my eye in the Pop-Up gallery & then when I saw the name of your blog I had to come say hi! I was born in Indianapolis & hope to visit again soon as my cousin & his family still live there. Love your beautiful card! Go Colts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...