Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jingle All the Way

Happy Wednesday! I believe we are in for a warm up toward the end of this week but today was still kind of chilly. I did walk a couple miles at lunch time. It was nice to get outside and get a little exercise. Half way through the week and heading toward the weekend. I think my weekend is fairly clear of events so I am hoping for crafty time. Last night I got a little crafty time. I made another Christmas card for 2016.


I made this card for several challenges. The image is from a retired Gina K set called Very Merry Christmas. I die cut the image with My Favorite Things Cross Stitched Oval Stax. I backed the image with Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals. The background is black card stock. I added stripes of red and white washi tape and three self-adhesive gem stones. The jingle bells are covered with glossy accents. It gives the card some texture. The sentiment was created on the computer and fussy cut. I used the sketch from 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and the theme at the HLS Christmas challenge as inspiration.

 

I am entering these challenges:

Hope you are enjoying your week. Thanks for stopping by and checking out what I've been up to. 

Hugs,
Donna


11 comments:

Suze said...

Great that you are making a start on your Christmas cards for this year. Love the red, black and white colour scheme. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for January - and also the challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Donna, I love the jingle bells and all the details, the washi tape is fab and I love how you did the sentiment, your fussy cutting is perfect! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Lori m said...

Beautiful card …… this is what I need to do, get a jump on all my holiday cards this year its my 2016 goal.

Hugs, Lori m

MaryH said...

Hi Donna, Kudos to you for taking a walk in the cold air! We've had a bit of cold, but the days have been filled with crisp air & beautiful sunshine. This is a delightful card, and I was so happy to see you joined in with the HLS Jan Christmas Jingle Bells challenge. Good luck at winning the stamp set! The card is so pretty with the stitched white oval showing off this set of silver bells and red ribbon, and I love the S/B die with the red. Looks just grand on that black background, and of course the elegant pearl trim with the patterned washi strips. Well done. TFS & Hugs. Hope the Year is off to a good start for you.

MaryH said...

Hi Donna, Not sure if my first comment will publish, but I'll try again! Apologies if you get it 2x! Kudos to you for taking a walk in the cold...and so pleased to see that you joined in the HLS January Christmas Jingle Challenge. This is such a pretty card with the silver bells presented on the white stitched oval. It looks great with the red S/B oval against the black bkgrnd. Love the addition of the patterned washi and the elegant pearls. TFS & Thanks for joining in with HLS January Christmas Challenge. Hope the Year is off to a good start for you. Hugs

Stef H said...

love those bells. i need a good bell stamp. i did get a bell die this year (a bell like your card).

time to get back into the "routine". mojo is missing and my card stash is very low - oy vey! LOL

at least the weather isn't bad.

have a great week.

hugs :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Inkyfingers said...

I'm so glad you joined us to get a jump start on next Christmas with this lovely card. I really love how the red pops off the black base card and the glossy accents on the jingle bells is a great touch.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will play along again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Dorte said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card, Donna, love the colour combo. You can never begin to early to make Christmas cards, can you?
Thanks for joining our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,hope to se you again.
Dorte x

Susan said...

Beautiful Christmas bells! Thanks so much for joining our "jingle" challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the colours you've used and that washi tape looks great too.

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and we hope to see you back again soon!

Helen N x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...