Friday, November 11, 2016

My Favorite Christmas Card so Far

Happy Veterans Day to everyone in the U.S. I'd like to thank all the veterans and their families for all the sacrifices they've made to keep our country safe. Special thanks to 2 of my brothers and my sister who all served in the Air Force. Please know how grateful I am to all of you and send my love.
Today I have a card that I like so much I am going to go find as much of this dotted paper as I can and make more of these. It's just gorgeous in person and I know the photo won't do it justice.


Earlier this month I won an individual digital stamp from Beccy's Place and I chose this Aussie Wreath stamp. I am using the pre-colored version on this card but I added a few things to it that make it sparkle and shine. I added dimensional magic to the bow. I think you can see the shine on that. But  I also added Crystal Stickles to each of the centers of the white flowers. I let one coat dry and then I added a second. The result is just stunning. When you pick the card up it just sparkles. I love it. I cut the wreath out with MFT Stitched Ovals. The dotted background paper is from Raspberry Roads Design Christmas Collection. The sentiment is on a green scrap to match the base card stock. I heat embossed the sentiment from Holiday Greetings stamp kit (retired) from Gina K Designs. I die cut the sentiment with MFT Mini Tabs 4 (retired).
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. I am helping with the twins this evening so no crafty time for me. I wish you all a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

7 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely Christmas card with us at ABC Christmas this week.
Lorraine DT

Beccy said...

The first thing I noticed about your card was the big red bow Donna, adding dimensional magic really did the trick. I love the sparkly centres in each of the flannel flowers too, and I think you did an awesome job choosing paper to work with the image. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It turned out beautiful! I rmember you telling me you son too and you were getting a wreath. She has many pretty images so my picking was hard to. My brother, who past this last February also served in the Air Force.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! The wreath is wonderful!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Donna thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

chrissy xx said...

A GOrgeous wreath. I LOve your bow. Thank you so much for joining us at
ABC Christmas Challenge.
Chrissyxx

Glenda Atkins said...

I wish I could see it sparkle too, but alas I cannot but I sure do like the look of it. Having read what you did to create it all I can say is wow!. I am not sure what dimensional magic is but I will be off to google it.. Wonderful crafting Donna.
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...