Friday, March 17, 2017

Lovely Spring Day

Well, I wish I could say that was out weather today but that's not even close. We have rain right now but not far off lurks a mass of snow. It will likely miss us, thank goodness. But my card today reminds me of a lovely spring day and hopefully it won't be too far off in our future. I am dying to get the twins outside for some fun.


This is the progressive challenge image over at the Outlawz challenge blog. The image is from Beccy's Place and it's the spring window from the Seasonal Window stamp set. (Beccy has an awesome sale right now that you should check out. Not affiliated. I just love her stamps!) I used the pre-colored image and took additional inspiration from the Tuesday Morning Sketch.


Most of the papers are scraps from my scrap box. The exception would be the largest piece that comes from the Recollections Home Basic Paper Pack. The solid pick card stock was embossed with Sizzix Flourishes EF. The image and sentiment were die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitiched Rectangles. The sentiment is from a retired Gina K stamp set called Heartily Yours Addition. The sentiment was stamped with MFT Latte pigment ink and then the panel was inked with Spun Sugar distress ink. I was going to go with the card without the sentiment but at the last minute changed my mind. I don't make many cards without sentiment on the front. I thought this one needed something else.
I am entering these challenges:
I am off to have lunch with a friend and then over to watch the twins this evening. Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day! However you celebrate the day, I hope you have fun! Also enjoy the weekend!

Donna



12 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is lovely. That is what we have here too....rain on the chance of it freezing and making driving fun at night.

Beccy said...

What a pretty card Donna, the colours in the background are perfect for the spring theme and work well with the image. I like the addition of the sentiment, I think it balances the card nicely. Great take on the sketch!
Cheers,
Beccy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card- I love your take on that sketch challenge. Love that touch of texture with the pink strip. How do you get so much stamping done???

Debbie said...

So pretty!! I love your image and great mix of papers!!
We got 24" of snow on Tuesday, and I'm loving it!! :)
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Beautiful card love the design. Thanks for joining us at Through The Craft Room Door ATG challenge and hope you will join us again next week.
Linda DT TTCRD
Ladybugstampers.blogspot.

MaryH said...

Hi Donna, I think we are all longing for spring. We have sunshine and warmer, but the howling wind is back with us. I love the window to spring, that is a lovely digi. I like the way you've followed the sketch too, and the colors. Re: brusho-s...I've only seen them sold online. You buy sets or individual pots of color from Dick Blick. Prob'ly cheaper to get as a set, but if you just want to try, get a couple of colors and see how you like the product. Also Color Burst powder is similar, but I like the Brusho crystals best, as I feel for me, I have more control over where the crystals are placed. It's fun, and you just never really know what you'll get. TFS & Hugs

Carolyn King said...

Yucky here too:( So loving this spring card :)
The mats are so fun!

Melissa Craig said...

What a lovely window! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Wanda said...

Lovely spring card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Stef H said...

o is this every pretty. love the blue and pink backgrounds. really makes the pretty picture pop!

yeah, this "stuffiness" is driving me nuts. at least i'm not coughing and it's not in my chest. however, i am starting to notice that my mucus is getting yellow - which means sinus infection. geeze louize. the older we get the harder it is to get rid of crap like this. at least it keeps me playing in my craftroom LOL.

have a fabulous week.

big hugs :)

scrappymo! said...

I thought I had left a comment before but must be slipping!
Your card is lovely. I really like that image and you have made it up into a pretty card.
I think I got busy checking out the challenge you mentioned and forgot to return here with my comment!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a beautiful card, love the papers you have used, and a gorgeous image too
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...