Monday, October 16, 2017

Furry and Bright

Happy Monday! The first day of the week and I am already behind in what I need to get done this week. How sad is that. Tomorrow we have the twins overnight for the first time. So that will be an adventure. I was able to finish a card today. This one took me a LONG time to finish. All those little lights were stamped, colored and die cut individually. I will definitely be sending this to someone who keeps my cards. LOL!


I love the finished card. So cheery! And that cute little pup makes it so fun. The pup and sentiment is from My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays. I stamped and then colored the pup and the tree from the set with Spectrum Noir markers and then die cut with the matching dies. .The background frames are from MFT Blueprints 32. Each of the little light bulbs has a white gel pen mark and Spectrum Noir glitter pen. The wires are hand drawn. The pup's nose and star on the tree have dimensional magic on them and the pups Santa hat has diamond Stickles; so lots of shine and sparkle going on here. The background is difficult to see in the photo but I used a star stencil from Neat and Tangled to stencil a pattern. Love the finished card!
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. Now back to getting ready for the twins. I'll be back later this week!

Donna

6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that card is gorgeous. Love those lights and I can see what you mean about time consuming. People have told me that I should mass produce and sell my cards, but they just don't know how much time each one takes!!! It is different if you are using pre-colored or CAS cards, but still I get bored with making all the same card for everyone. I agree this needs to go to a "card worthy" person. That is the term we would use for someone who cherishes the cards and has them as keepsakes. I have a cousin who steals my cards that I give her by ripping the front off and putting it on a new card base and passing it off as her own...so now she only gets my least favorite card. Sorry for venting today. Hugs.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Donna, your little decorating puppy is beautifully festive and cheerful! Your sentiment is darling! Fantastic card! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or our next guest designer. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Dorte said...

Such a super cute Christmas card, Donna. Lovely image and wonderful colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Dorte x

Anna-Karin said...

Such a cute and happy card! I love all the colours you used, the lights and the very sweet puppy. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a bright and cheery festive card. So worth the work with those tiny die cuts!
Thanks for sharing with ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...